Workplaces and classrooms may never look the same after COVID-19. Open offices and other space-saving tactics will probably be a thing of the past. The pandemic has even changed the way customers stand in line at the grocery store.Social distancing is now a way of life, at least in the near future. And that means many businesses in Philadelphia will need professional office and commercial redesign. The office movers at EverSafe Moving Co. can help. We have moved hundreds of companies throughout Greater Philadelphia since 2011, and we are in tune with what the business community needs, including safety procedures. During this pandemic, we have been keeping abreast of the latest office design guidelines, and we are ready to help you reconfigure your office or commercial building so your employees can return to work quickly and stay healthy.
Commercial Movers Ready To HelpSomeday soon, office life will return. Students will return to schools and universities. Factories will reopen. Let EverSafe help you design a plan for your office space, shop or commercial setting that allows for both collaboration and distancing. As an essential business, we will continue to work for you even now, while the office is empty. That results in no downtime for employees or your company as you look to return to work. We can space desks six feet apart, install partitions — physical or plexiglass — or reconfigure your office desks and floorplan to allow for more personal distance. We have studied state, federal and City of Philadelphia Department of Public Health regulations and social distancing protocols regarding office space, and we are ready to assist you. EverSafe can coordinate with your human resources team, subcontractors and builders as well as the IT department to make sure the move process is seamless.
Office Real Estate And ReconfigurationNo one can say for sure what the future of workplace design will be, but here is how many companies are responding to office design following COVID-19:
- Conducting more meetings via video conference. This means that a conference table that once held 15 large leather chairs may never see that many seated guests again. If you have extra office furniture to store, EverSafe can pick up and store your belongings in our Philadelphia warehouse storage facility.
- As more and more employees work from home, some companies are finding that large offices will no longer be needed. If you’re looking at rightsizing to a smaller footprint, let EverSafe conduct the move for you.
- Employers may want to send equipment, such as large computers and monitors, printers and even entire file cabinets to employees at their home offices. Let the experienced electronics movers at EverSafe tackle this task for you.
Guidelines For EmployersFollowing the outbreak of the deadly coronavirus, local health departments across the country have required employers to take steps to make employees and the public safer. Their recommendations to employers include: Not only will adapting to these changes preserve the health and vitality of your employees, in some cases, changing with the times will be essential to the survival of the business.
- Minimize the number of employees working within six feet of each other and provide them with PPE.
- Limit travel.
- Cancel large conferences.
- For service or retail industries, ensure access for handwashing, clean high-touch surfaces and provide adequate disinfectant wipes, paper towels and other hygiene products.
- Look into long-term telecommuting options for employees.
- Consider staggering start and end times to reduce large numbers of people in the building at the same time.
- Identify and cross-train employees to perform essential roles in the case of severe staffing shortages.
- Tell employees who are sick to stay home from work. Adopt a sick leave policy that allows employees to stay home when sick without having to visit a doctor’s office to obtain a note.